Healthier Version of Banana Bread…Banana OATMEAL Bread :D
What You’ll Need:
2 whole, ripe bananas
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the Topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup oats, 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon melted butter; set aside.
- For the Bread: Mash bananas in a medium bowl, then stir in egg and milk. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, 1 cup oats, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Stir just to combine (batter should be lumpy). Stir in cranberries.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan or muffin tin, and sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. Loaf is done when a toothpick inserted in comes out clean or with some dry crumbs from the topping.
- Eat up!
oh la la….. im hungry!! if only i had oats :O…. if only i wasnt to lazy to walk to the store…